MyLifeUncommon

MyLifeUncommon

Sunday, February 1, 2015

automatic

"Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all race but only one receives the prize? Run in a such a way that you may win."
1 Corinthians 9:24-25
_____________________
Things become automatic, sometimes I go through life just going through the motions. Sometimes I am not running the race, or even on the field...
I can drive to work and not even know how I got there. Never thinking once to turn this way or stop at this light.
Things get so busy, most days I am just worried about getting through the day rather than actually living it, actually playing the game.
But I don't want to just play, NO, I want to win.
But what is the prize? Something so much larger than a Lombardi Trophy. So much larger than any gift I could ever receive.
 ____________________
I seem to be this person that joins every committee.  I can do it, what's one more thing?
I want to be a "good steward." I want to show God's love. Right? but sometimes it's those things that I am joining that become chores, making me overwhelmed with the world around me. More about people and less about God.
It's during those times I loose sight of what is important, "Who am I serving?" (Thank you Meghan)
I am not going to please the world, I am not going to please everyone. But I do not live my life to please everyone.. I am here to please the One who is always faithful to me.
I am here to play the game he wants me to play. 
It's not a daily decision, no, it's an every choice decision. It's a ever time I open my big mouth decision.  
I want to do good works for him, because of my faith in Him and my love for Him. Now, why can't I always remember that?
I just  don't want things to be automatic.
____________________

 



No comments:

Post a Comment