MyLifeUncommon

MyLifeUncommon

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lemonade stand

You know the saying...
 When life gives you lemons
Build a sweet lemonade stand!
_____________________________

 Last week with all the "trials" that we had...I was thinking over and over in my head, make lemonade, just make lemonade. God has totally got this and I need to just make the best out it. I need to make lemonade out of these lemons. 

So when I went to AAA to get my registration sticker, Elliot and I had a Starbucks date before-hand. We also looked at all the fun Disneyland stuff at AAA. It basically could have been Disneyland for all she knew. Making lemonade. 

When going to the court to pay my fine, the 2 girls and I walked to the library (which is next door) and read 4 books on the carpet together then checked out 2 books EACH. Making lemonade.

When the Lowes workers took down the fence, I had them leave 3 panels. Not sure what I was going to do with them. But maybe make another garden bed or stairs in our hillside for easy accessibility...
oh my mind was churning. 
Trying to make lemonade...

"Oh my goodness Adam, let's make a lemonade stand with the fence wood and have the girls sell snacks and lemonade at the garage sale."

Donations only of course (they can't count change).

Now my thinking was we would build one of those stand up ones that I could probably make, but Adam had something a little more in depth. 
Making lemonade.
I drew him a sketch of what I was thinking, a little design. The picture above proves that he had something a little more sophisticated in mind.  

He is so good. God really blessed me with that guy.

This was a whole family project! My job was to sand and paint,  alongside two naked little girls. While Adam cut measured, screwed holes, and measured again and then cut again. Family time, making lemonade.


Every part of the stand (except the wheels) was from our backyard or Garage. The fence wood, the screws, and the "oops" paint in the garage all went towards Adam's masterpiece. Making lemonade. 
("Oops" paint is the mess up paint from any home improvement store.
I always buy it when I see a color I think I could use someday.)




Virtually a free lemonade stand, 
to make lemonade!

It is 5:30 in the morning and today is our huge garage sale. The girls have never been so excited. They have a part in bringing Yana and Alex home. 
Elliot was pretending to type on the computer last night before bed, I asked her what she was doing?

"I bringing Yana and Alex home," 
she proceeded to type then she stopped again 
"they be home next week."

I ran up and gave her a huge hug and kiss.
I love that kid.
"I wish, baby girl." 


If you are local stop by the Emerald Heights garage sale, its our annual neighborhood garage sale at it is from 8-12 today.  Thank you to everyone who has donated to this event. We have filled up our yard and our next door neighbors. Such a blessing!

Come buy some lemonade.








 



Donation link

2 comments:

  1. This is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God really blessed us with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete